|What KCI and you believe in? Leaving landmarks!
Leaving landmarks! Big or small, we believe every project deserves to be a landmark. Landmarks accomplished by our team of people who share the same believe that anything is possible. This is our pursuit.
Our main focus? Offshore renewables. Offshore Oil & Gas, Installation Equipment and wheels. Our strength? To create synergy by multi-disciplinary engineering. It keeps us creative! Our engineers form the foundation of this creativity. Want to be part of it?
|What’s my part in leaving landmarks?
You are the engine behind our team of structural engineers! In this capacity you know how to combine your technical knowhow and management skills in order to combine your team’s strengths to achieve great results! Our projects are related to concept, basic and detail design for sub-structures and topsides for the offshore wind as well as for the oil & gas market. Do you like to lead a team of engineers and analyze not only offshore structures, but also, for example, big wheels? KCI is the company where you will be challenged! You will lead a project team of engineers and advise on technical matters. Coach other engineers and act in a consultancy role towards clients.
|Okay, nice! But what are my responsibilities?
In general, you bring our structural engineers to a ‘higher’ level of engineering. Also!
- Plan/schedule the structural engineering activities of your team;
- Identify the scope changes and resolve discrepancies;
- Perform and supervise engineers in the necessary design analyses and studies with accompanying reports;
- Generating concept, basic and detail structural design for sub-structures such as jackets, gravity base foundations, Monopiles (MP) & transition pieces (TP) for WTGs and sub-structures and topsides for Offshore Substations/Transformer platforms;
- You will be able to perform independently complex global analyses for load-out-, transport-, lift-, on-bottom stability-, in-place-, fatigue-, natural frequency-, WTG load iteration-, foundation (pile)-, dynamic-, push over/redundancy- and vessel impact conditions as well as the detailed verifications of welds, grout connections, wave slamming, vortex induced vibrations etc. for the sub-structures and topside structures;
- You will also be writing Design Basis, Design Briefs and Specifications as well as liaise with our Clients and Certifying Authorities.
Almost, before you can apply to be part of our team, how about your social skills? If you like to get some coffee for your colleagues and know how to play a good game of table tennis then you probably like our social culture. Also!
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Mechanical/Civil Engineering;
- 8+ years’ experience in structural discipline and relevant market;
- 5+ years’ experience in similar position;
- Proven track record of leading a team of engineers and acting as client contact point;
- Structures engineering experience: Jackets, Tripods, Monopiles, Topsides Oil & Gas, Topsides Renewables, Living Quarters, FPSO Topsides, Deck extensions & modifications; Installation equipment, for example, pile grippers, upending tools, skidding units.
- Analyses or calculations: Load out analysis, Lifting analysis, Transport analysis, Transport fatigue analysis, On-bottom/Un-piled analysis, In-place analysis, In-place fatigue analysis, Vessel impact/collision analysis, Seismic analysis, Redundancy/Pushover analysis, Lifetime extensions analysis, Foundation piles analysis, Dropped objects analysis, Blast/Explosion analysis, Weight and Centre of Gravity (COG) calculation, Cable Pull-in analysis;
- Detailed analyses or calculations: Pile sleeve to jacket connections, Bolted connections, Welded connections, Grout connections, Nodes & joints (eg diamond plates), Vortex induced vibrations, Wave slamming, Lifting points (eg padeyes & trunnions), Grillage and Seafastening;
- Proficient user of SACS and Femap and familiar / advanced user of Ansys/Usfos/Grlweap.
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English (both written and verbal);
- Competences: adaptability, assertiveness, coaching, decisiveness, delegating, planning and organizing, critical thinking, focus on quality, problem analysis, result-orientation.
Are you innovative, creative and willing to leave that landmark? Please apply! For further information please contact Alexander Meyer, tel.:+31(0)70 2629 176.
When you have applied for this vacancy and you do not hear from us within 2 weeks, then you have not been selected for the function.