|What KCI and you believe in?
Bringing ideas into realization! Big or small, we believe that every project represents our skills as multi-disciplinary engineering company. Projects accomplished by our team of people who share the same believe that anything is possible. This is our pursuit.
Our main focus? Offshore renewables, Offshore Oil & Gas, Installation Equipment and Wheels. Our strength? To create synergy by multi-disciplinary engineering. It keeps us creative! Our engineers form the foundation of this creativity. Want to be part of it?
You are the expert in structural engineering with a proven track record regarding WindTurbine Generator(WTG) sub-structures such as Monopiles and Jackets in concept and feed related projects.
Our projects concern concept, basic and detail design for sub-structures and topsides for the offshore Wind as well as for the Oil & Gas market. Do you like to design and analyze not only offshore structures and installation equipment, but also, for example, big wheels? KCI is the company where you will be challenged. You will participate in a project team of engineers and designers and advise on technical matters. Coach other engineers and act in a consultancy role towards clients.
|Okay, nice! But what are my responsibilities?
In general, you know your structural calculations and you are an advanced user of SACS & Ansys software. You make sure that the team you work with performs better. Also!
- Generating concept, basic and detail structural design for sub-structures such as jackets, gravity base foundations, Monopiles (MP) & transition pieces (TP) for WTGs and sub-structures and topsides for OSS;
- You will be performing the necessary design analyses and studies with accompanying reports;
- You will be able to perform independently complex global analyses for load-out-, transport-, lift-, on-bottom stability-, in-place-, fatigue-, natural frequency-, WTG load iteration-, foundation (pile)-, dynamic-, push over/redundancy- and vessel impact conditions as well as the detailed verifications of welds, grout connections, wave slamming, vortex induced vibrations etc. of the sub-structures and topside structures;
- You will also be writing Design Basis, Design Briefs and Specifications as well as liaise with our Clients and Certifying Authorities.
Almost, before you can apply to be part of our team, how about your social skills? If you like to get some coffee for your colleagues and know how to play a good game of table tennis then you probably like our social culture. Also!
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Mechanical/Civil Engineering;
- 5+ years’ experience in structural discipline and relevant market;
- 3+ years’ experience in this or similar position;
- Structures engineering experience: Jackets & Monopiles and topsides for the Offshore Wind market.
- Analyses or calculations: Load out analysis, Upending analysis, Lifting analysis, Transport analysis, Transport fatigue analysis, Installation/stabbing analysis, On-bottom/Un-piled analysis, In-place analysis, In-place fatigue analysis, WTG load iterations, Redundancy/Pushover analysis, Foundation piles analysis, Material Take off (MTO), Weight and Centre of Gravity (COG) calculation, Cable Pull-in analysis;
- Detailed analyses or calculations: Bolted connections, Welded connections, Grout connections, Vortex induced vibrations.
- Proficient user of SACS and Ansys and familiar / advanced user of Femap/Usfos/Grlweap;
- Good knowledge of English and preferably also Dutch (both written and verbal);
- Team player and like to solve problems instead of making them;
- Competences: adaptability, assertiveness, critical thinking, focus on quality, problem analysis, result-orientation.
Are you innovative, creative and willing to leave that landmark? Please apply! For further information please contact Alexander Meyer via +31(0)70 2629 176 or email@example.com
When you have applied for this vacancy and you do not hear from us within 2 weeks, then you have not been selected for the function.