Wind Foundation Engineer
We are looking for engineers who can design the steel structure of offshore foundations for wind farms. As Wind Foundation Engineer you are familiar with Wind Turbine Generators, substructures such as Monopolies and Jackets form concept to detailed design.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Generating concept, basic and detail design for the primary steel of various wind turbine foundations such as jackets, gravity base foundations & Monopiles (MP)
- Designing transition pieces (TP) for the various wind turbine foundation types
- You will be performing the necessary design analyses and studies with accompanying reports
- You will be able to perform independently complex global analyses for load-out-, transport-, lift-, on-bottom stability-, in-place-, fatigue-, natural frequency-, WTG load iteration-, foundation (pile)-, dynamic-, push over/redundancy- and vessel impact conditions as well as the detailed verifications of welds, grout connections, wave slamming, vortex induced vibrations etc. of the sub-structures and topside structures
- You will also be writing Design Basis, Design Briefs and Specifications as well as liaise with our Clients and Certifying Authorities
- You are skilled in “serial design processes” and are strong in programming routines
- You understand the differences between designing a wind turbine foundation and the foundation for an offshore substation or an O&G platform
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Mechanical/Civil Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in structural discipline and relevant market
- 3+ years’ experience in this or similar position
- Structures engineering experience: Jackets & Monopiles and topsides for the Offshore Wind market
- Analyses or calculations: WTG load iterations, In-place analysis (ULS, FLS, SLS, ALS)
- Detailed analyses or calculations: Bolted connections, Welded connections, Grout connections, Vortex induced vibrations.
- Proficient user of SACS and Ansys and familiar / advanced user of Femap/Usfos/Grlweap
- Good knowledge of English and preferably also Dutch (both written and verbal)
- Team player and like to solve problems instead of making them
- Competences: adaptability, assertiveness, critical thinking, focus on quality, problem analysis, result-orientation
- Knowledge of turbine modelling software like Bladed is an advantage
About KCI the engineers
KCI is a multidisciplinary engineering firm providing full design, engineering and consultancy services to the Oil & Gas, Renewables, Equipment and Observation Wheels market. We design and engineer (a) complete platforms and infrastructure for the Oil & Gas and Renewables Industry, (b) deck lay outs, cable & pipe laying solutions for Marine Environment and (c) Great observation wheels.
Within KCI we attach great value to an open an accessible working atmosphere with an international cultural mix of people.
Remuneration & Benefits
You will receive a market-oriented salary that will match your skills and experience. Furthermore we have 31 (paid) holidays – excluding Dutch national holidays – and we offer a pension plan (beschikbare premieregeling) in which your own contribution is only 2%. We also have several staff insurance which works in favor of our employees.
For further information, please contact
Alexander Meyer – HR Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please click the “apply now” button and follow the steps to upload your resume. When you have applied for this vacancy and you do not hear form us within 2 weeks, then you have not been selected for the position.