Lead Structural/Mechanical Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Structural/Mechanical Engineer who is proficient in offshore engineering (machinery/equipment design). With your engineering and leading skills you ensure that all offshore engineering related deliverables will be issued within agreed project budget and planning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for generating concept, basic and detail design for varies equipment and machinery such as pile grippers, pile guiding & upending tools, pipe lay stingers, roller boxes, tensioners, sheave blocks & winches, cable storage baskets, reels and carousels, lifting gear, cable chutes and conveyor systems for renowned cable lay, pipe lay and installation contractors. As part of your tasks you will be sizing and selecting the necessary components (bearings, seals, shafts, wheels, gearboxes, electric and hydraulic motors, hydraulic cylinders etc.) and perform the necessary strength and fatigue analyses and studies with accompanying reports as well as writing specifications;
- Monitor plus coordinate the work to ensure that the quality and completeness of offshore engineering deliverables are in compliance with project requirements and company standards;
- Share technical information and expertise with all team members within the project;
- Supporting colleagues and helping others;
- Deliver input for progress reporting and project planning;
- Provide input for new project proposals and define discipline scope of work for new project as well as changes within project.
- Bachelors in Structural Mechanical Engineering;
- 6+ years’ experience in equipment discipline and relevant market;
- 3+ years’ experience in similar position;
- Software experience: Femap/Ansys/AutoCad/MathCad/Solidworks;
- Knowledge of International rules and standards applicable to offshore designs;
- Experience with Designer machinery in an offshore/maritime environment;
- Good knowledge of English and preferably also Dutch (both written and verbal);
- Pro-active and problem solving attitude, analytic, flexible, team player;
- Coaching and leading experience (preference);
- Competences: adaptability, assertiveness, critical thinking, coaching, controlling progress, focus on quality, problem analysis, result-orientation.
About KCI the engineers
KCI is a multidisciplinary engineering firm providing full design, engineering and consultancy services to the Oil & Gas, Renewables, Equipment and Observation Wheels market. We design and engineer complete platforms and infrastructure for the Oil & Gas and Renewables Industry, deck lay outs, cable & pipe laying solutions for Marine Environment, great observation wheels and much more!
Within KCI we attach great value to an open an accessible working atmosphere with an international cultural mix of people.
Remuneration & Benefits
You will receive a market-oriented salary that will match your skills and experience. Furthermore we have 31 (paid) holidays – excluding Dutch national holidays – and we offer an attractive pension plan (middelloonregeling) in which your own contribution is only 2%. We also have several staff insurance which works in favor of our employees.
For further information, please contact
Alexander Meyer – HR Officer email@example.com
How to apply
Please click the “apply now” button and follow the steps to upload your resume. When you have applied for this vacancy and you do not hear form us within 2 weeks, then you have not been selected for the position.