Lead Structural/Mechanical Designer
We are looking for a Lead Structural/Mechanical Designer who is able to lead a team of designers for our equipment related pile lay or cable lay vessel/barges projects. With your designing and leading skills you ensure that all design equipment related deliverables will be issued within agreed project budget and planning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor plus coordinate the design work to ensure that the quality and completeness of design equipment deliverables are in compliance with project requirements and company standards;
- Share technical information and expertise with all team members within the project;
- Supporting colleagues and helping others;
- Deliver input for progress reporting and project planning;
- Provide input for new project proposals and define discipline scope of work for new project as well as changes within project;
- Responsible for designing several equipment for pipe lay or cable lay vessels/ barges such as but not limited to: tensioners, winches, stingers, carousels, loading arm, chute, cranes, pile gripers and grillage & seafastening.
- Bachelors in Structural Mechanical Engineering;
- 6+ years’ experience in equipment discipline and relevant market;
- 3+ years’ experience in similar position;
- Software experience: proficient user of Solidworks or SolidEdge is a must, user experience of AutoCad and Tekla is an advantage;
- Knowledge of International rules and standards applicable to offshore designs;
- Experience with Designer machinery in an offshore/maritime environment;
- Good knowledge of English and preferably also Dutch (both written and verbal);
- Pro-active and problem solving attitude, analytic, flexible, team player;
- Coaching and leading experience (preference);
- Competences: adaptability, assertiveness, critical thinking, coaching, controlling progress, focus on quality, problem analysis, result-orientation.
About KCI the engineers
KCI is a multidisciplinary engineering firm providing full design, engineering and consultancy services to the Oil & Gas, Renewables, Equipment and Observation Wheels market. We design and engineer complete platforms and infrastructure for the Oil & Gas and Renewables Industry, deck lay outs, cable & pipe laying solutions for Marine Environment, great observation wheels and much more! Within KCI we attach great value to an open an accessible working atmosphere with an international cultural mix of people.
Remuneration & Benefits
You will receive a market-oriented salary that will match your skills and experience. Furthermore we have 31 (paid) holidays – excluding Dutch national holidays – and we offer an attractive pension plan (middelloonregeling) in which your own contribution is only 2%. We also have several staff insurance which works in favor of our employees.
For further information, please contact
Alexander Meyer – HR Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please click the “apply now” button and follow the steps to upload your resume. When you have applied for this vacancy and you do not hear form us within 2 weeks, then you have not been selected for the position.