Senior Structural/Mechanical Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Structural/Mechanical Engineers for concept, basic and detail design for equipment and machinery for the offshore wind as well as for oil & gas offshore industry. You will participate in a small project team and coordinate activities with other Engineers and Designers. Advise on technical matters in other projects. Act in consultancy role towards clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for generating concept, basic and detail design for varies equipment and machinery such as pile grippers, pile guiding & upending tools, pipe lay stingers, roller boxes, tensioners, sheave blocks & winches, cable storage baskets, reels and carousels, lifting gear, cable chutes and conveyor systems for renowned cable lay, pipe lay and installation contractors;
- Sizing and selecting the necessary components (bearings, seals, shafts, wheels, gearboxes, electric and hydraulic motors, hydraulic cylinders etc.) and perform the necessary strength and fatigue analyses and studies with accompanying reports as well as writing specifications.
- Bachelor / Post Bachelor Mechanical Engineering;
- 6+ years’ experience in equipment discipline and relevant market;
- 4+ years’ experience in similar position;
- Proficient user of ANSYS workbench and classic;
- Experience with Sacs/Usfos /Femap/Aqwa/Mathcad/Matlab is an advantage;
- Knowledge of International rules and standards applicable to offshore designs;
- Experience with Designer machinery in an offshore/maritime environment;
- Good knowledge of English and preferably also Dutch (both written and verbal).
About KCI the engineers
KCI is a multidisciplinary engineering firm providing full design, engineering and consultancy services to the Oil & Gas, Renewables, Equipment and Observation Wheels market. We design and engineer complete platforms and infrastructure for the Oil & Gas and Renewables Industry, deck lay outs, cable & pipe laying solutions for Marine Environment, great observation wheels and much more! Within KCI we attach great value to an open an accessible working atmosphere with an international cultural mix of people.
Remuneration & Benefits
You will receive a market-oriented salary that will match your skills and experience. Furthermore we have 31 (paid) holidays – excluding Dutch national holidays – and we offer a pension plan (beschikbare premieregeling) in which your own contribution is only 2%. We also have several staff insurance which works in favor of our employees.
For further information, please contact
Alexander Meyer – HR Officer email@example.com
How to apply
Please click the “apply now” button and follow the steps to upload your resume. When you have applied for this vacancy and you do not hear form us within 2 weeks, then you have not been selected for the position.