As Materials Engineer you are part of our Oil & Gas department and act as focal point regarding material selection for piping and process equipment. In this context you have knowledge of relevant National & International codes and standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Piping Specification activities for Conceptual, Basic and Detailed Engineering stages of Piping & Equipment for Oil & Gas projects;
- Material selection based on preliminary information received from Process;
- Preparation of Piping Material Specifications to cover various services;
- Design calculation like Pressure-Temperature rating, Pipe wall thickness, Branch Reinforcement Pad, Miter bend calculation;
- Preparation of various Piping Specifications;
- Preparation of detailed specifications/datasheet for piping items;
- Preparation of Material Requisition for Piping items;
- Technical Evaluation of Bids and discussion / clarification with Vendors;
- Vendor Evaluation;
- Vendor document & drawing review and approval;
- Responsible for guiding designers for modeling, preparation of layouts / GA plans, and all associated deliverables such as plot plans, piping study drawings, piping layouts, isometrics, pipe supports;
- Co-ordination with other disciplines / departments as required for interface, overlaps etc.;
- Co-ordination with Piping counterparts in Client/Contractor organizations;
- Attend meetings with Clients/ Contractors/ Vendors;
- Implementation of QA/QC procedures as required by Company and Client standards;
- Processing of technical deviation requests by Vendors or Contractors.
- Bachelor Mechanical / Chemical Engineering;
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in major oil/gas projects in the capacity of Material and Specification Engineer in engineering environment;
- Must be fully knowledgeable about National & International codes and standards like ASME B 31.3, ASTM, API, BS, MSS SP, NACE, ISO for this discipline;
- Knowledge of various company standards;
- Good reporting skills.
About KCI the engineers
KCI is a multidisciplinary engineering firm providing full design, engineering and consultancy services to the Oil & Gas, Renewables, Equipment and Observation Wheels market. We design and engineer complete platforms and infrastructure for the Oil & Gas and Renewables Industry, deck lay outs, cable & pipe laying solutions for Marine Environment, great observation wheels and much more!
Within KCI we attach great value to an open an accessible working atmosphere with an international cultural mix of people.
Remuneration & Benefits
You will receive a market-oriented salary that will match your skills and experience. Furthermore we have 31 (paid) holidays – excluding Dutch national holidays – and we offer a pension plan (beschikbare premieregeling) in which your own contribution is 2%. We also have several staff insurance which works in favor of our employees.
For further information, please contact
Alexander Meyer – HR Officer email@example.com
How to apply
Please click the “apply now” button and follow the steps to upload your resume. When you have applied for this vacancy and you do not hear form us within 2 weeks, then you have not been selected for the position.